Sarsie’s Parties is in need of talented party people!
Start a career at Sarsie’s Parties to grow your professional event planning and coordination skills. We are currently looking for party assistants to help in the expansion of our growing business.
As a Party Assistant, your job will entail working directly with the company owner to plan and style events. You are also required to work directly with clients during the planning stages of the event as well as on the day of the event. You will be assisting the team in putting up the decorations for the event, setting up tables and chairs if needed, assisting the client and their guests with their needs during the event, and cleaning up/tearing down the décor after the event.
Some of the services that we offer our clients during an event are directing the guests to their seats, refilling food and drinks as needed, helping kids with the craft table, assisting the main event performer, taking client photos with our camera, décor setup and tear down, and helping with the clean up after the party. Our main goal is making sure that the event runs smoothly and that our client gets to enjoy his/her own party. We work mostly on the weekends, but weekday work may be required. A typical event usually requires us to be there between 4-8 hours total.
- Must be 18 or older, have a driver’s license and a reliable transportation
- Must be willing to travel around the Bay Area if needed (most of our events are in the East Bay/South Bay)
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Must have weekend availability
- Must be comfortable working with and around children
- Must have great customer services skills
- Must be a team player
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Must be able to follow directions and also work without supervision
- Must be able to work under pressure/within a time limit
- Ability to make on the spot decisions and troubleshoot any issues that may arise during an event
- Creativity is a plus, so are skills that might be useful in an event such as taking great photos, face painting, balloon twisting, etc.
COMPENSATION: $12/HR for the first 6 events, opportunity for increase after a review.
Please note that at present, this is a PART TIME JOB/AS NEEDED JOB and the number of hours you work per month depends on the number of events we’ve booked.
If you would like to be considered for the job, please email us with a brief description about yourself and why you are interested in the job. Send the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the form below to contact and we will get back to you the soonest.